[Buildroot] elf2flt integration

Crane, Matthew mcrane03 at harris.com
Thu Sep 6 17:51:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I would like to be able to use -elf2flt, so that busybox can be built
from buildroot as a flat binary.

The elf2flt goes to staging_dir/bin
The toolchain goes to staging_dir/usr/bin and usr/<target>/bin
The toolchain gcc does not use the elf2flt flag, it instead thinks it is
a flag for the entry symbol.

How can I locate and sym link the elf2flt tools and ld.real script
installed to staging_dir/bin to the toolchain so that busybox and others
can build as a FLT binary?   Does elf2flt in buildroot work to generate
flat binaries the way it is setup now?  Assuming the linker flags are
passed properly.

Matt