[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/uClibc: ldso/include ldso/ldso/sparc libc/string etc...

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 19:21:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 04:07:12PM +0300, Blue Swirl wrote:
>On 9/15/07, Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 12:50:59AM -0700, vapier at uclibc.org wrote:
>> >Author: vapier
>> >Date: 2007-09-15 00:50:58 -0700 (Sat, 15 Sep 2007)
>> >New Revision: 19840
>> >
>> >Log:
>> >Blue Swirl writes:
>> >I got the library to compile with the attached patches, though dynamic
>> >loader crashes early.
>> >
>> >In buildroot I changed the architecture name by hand from sparc to
>> >sparc64, otherwise the compiler produced 32-bit files with V9 (64-bit)
>> >instructions. This configuration is not supported by QEMU, so I aimed
>> >for pure 64-bit. I think Sparc64 option needs to be added to
>> >buildroot.
>>
>> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=19853&view=rev
>>
>> Blue Swirl, please let me know if that's correct and useable now.
>
>The CPU selection could be improved so that for Sparc64, only the
>following are valid:
>config BR2_sparc_v9
>config BR2_sparc_ultrasparc
>config BR2_sparc_ultrasparc3
>config BR2_sparc_niagara

Ok, will do.

>I'm not so sure about removing those from Sparc(32) options, because
>then we could not build a 32-bit environment for V9 CPU.

In uClibc, we have v7, v8, v9, v9b (?).
What is the relation between insn-set/insn scheduler for these:
sparclite:      f930, f934, sparclite86x
sparclet:       tsc701
Are these all v8 (for uClibc)?

And what is v9b? An extended insn set or just v9 with a different
scheduling?

>I'm just trying a native build, looks like the compiler options build
>are not correct, there is -mcpu=v7 flag even though I selected v9.

Sounds odd, i'll look into this.