[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/uClibc: ldso/include ldso/ldso/sparc libc/string etc...

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 19:41:51 UTC 2007

On 9/15/07, Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 04:07:12PM +0300, Blue Swirl wrote:

> >> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=19853&view=rev
> >>
> >> Blue Swirl, please let me know if that's correct and useable now.
> >
> >The CPU selection could be improved so that for Sparc64, only the
> >following are valid:
> >config BR2_sparc_v9
> >config BR2_sparc_ultrasparc
> >config BR2_sparc_ultrasparc3
> >config BR2_sparc_niagara
>
> Ok, will do.
>
> >I'm not so sure about removing those from Sparc(32) options, because
> >then we could not build a 32-bit environment for V9 CPU.
>
> In uClibc, we have v7, v8, v9, v9b (?).
> What is the relation between insn-set/insn scheduler for these:
> sparclite:      f930, f934, sparclite86x
> sparclet:       tsc701
> Are these all v8 (for uClibc)?

These are v7 (sparc32, early 1990s), the difference between v7 and v8
is that a few more instructions (div, mul) are implemented in hardware
in v8. I think kernel emulates the missing instructions (with a speed
penalty).

> And what is v9b? An extended insn set or just v9 with a different
> scheduling?

V9 plus VIS (much like MMX) instructions, like falignaddr and
aligndata used in libc/string/sparc/sparc64/memcpy.S. That by the way
makes it difficult to target plain V9...

> >I'm just trying a native build, looks like the compiler options build
> >are not correct, there is -mcpu=v7 flag even though I selected v9.
>
> Sounds odd, i'll look into this.

Sorry, I think it was "k7" for cross compile host in the other window, not v7.