[Buildroot] unable to build fontconfig

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 21:37:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:49:10PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>tis 2007-09-18 klockan 11:25 -0700 skrev Kay McCormick:
>> Sorry, there is a chain of dependencies, but I want to use X.  Does X work at this time?
>> Is there a way to use X without fontconfig
>>

>I have failed building all three versions.

I have this patch lying around:
uclibc.org/~aldot/buildroot/package_fontconfig_host-tools.patch
it's ment to be put into package/fonctconfig/host-tools.patch
and needs a patch ontop of that that does an autoreconf.
I don't need fontconfig and will not finish the patch above, so do
whatever you want.

Perhaps that gets you started (i don't remember if that fixed fontconfig
for me as a whole or if it was just one part of the mess). But remember
that ultimatively, fontconfig should be fixed upstream..