[Buildroot] Compilation Error Using Buildroot

Jerry Richards jerryr at tonecommander.com
Wed Sep 26 20:03:52 UTC 2007

Hello All

I am using buildroot for a MIPS processor and encountered a compilation
error in an application module I added to the build environment (see build
output excerpt attachment).  It states "./.libs/libsu.a: could not read
symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one", yet a couple of lines
earlier shows "ranlib .libs/libsu.a" already executed.

Could someone take a quick look at this?  I don't see how GCC gets this
error.  Perhaps there is some configuration option missing?

Best Regards,
Jerry