[Buildroot] Libtool error with AVR32

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Thu Sep 27 23:42:02 UTC 2007

fre 2007-09-28 klockan 00:34 +0200 skrev Bernhard Fischer:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:19:19PM -0700, don wrote:

> >I did not select any packages, just copied the ntgw100_defconfig to
> >.config.
>
> Ulf, can you point me to a known good revision (of buildroot) that built
> that ntgw100 successfully, please? Modulo libdaemon, or other such
> packages. This would help alot to pinpoint any possible problems.

No, everything has been failing during the last few months, and I dont
have anything working.
The www.atmel.no/buildroot. which is based on 20070718.
The binutils+uclibc+gcc+gdb tarballs are generated by
make *-unpacked
for all packages (patching with Buildroot patches and atmel avr32
specific patches from the atmel buildroot), so the tarball
contents should be identical to the atmel buildroot.
It has to be something in the Makefile which screw up things.

I have been trying to autoreconfig the gcc-4.1.2 today to see if that
helps, obviously the configure's in the tarball does not reflect
the contents of configure.ac...

> Don, I'm still under the impression that you're using something
> provided by atmel and not http://buildroot.uclibc.org/
> This is not the appropriate place for the "latest AVR32 release from
> ATmel" but for buildroot.

Yes, he is building the Atmel buildroot.
www.avrfreaks.net Linux forum is a better place.