[Buildroot] Cant get mplayer to build on x86 unless CFLAGS has -fomit-frame-pointer

ross beazley rossbeazley at lycos.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 07:59:31 UTC 2007

Has anyone had success getting mplayer to build on an x86. I had to modify the .mk file to include -fomit-frame-pointer in the CFLAGS.

CFLAGS="$(TARGET_CFLAGS) -fomit-frame-pointer" \

Is this required because of something else going on with uclibc I can look into?
Is there a better way to include this CFLAG?
Would it interfere with other builds and make them break?

Buildroot is a great product, well impressed, keep up the good work! :)

cheers

ross

Lycos email has 300 Megabytes of free storage... Get it now at mail.lycos.co.uk