[Buildroot] AVR32 misery

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:14:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 08:53:46PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

>> We don't need to pass --with-gnu-ld nor --with-gnu-as. If sombody finds
>> a different assembler or linker, then this is a consequence of something
>> going wrong previously. The target is linux and not irix or something
>> like that.
>
>Well gcc-4.1.2 doesn't find anything apparently
>unless you bombard it with information during configure.
>-with-as=$(CROSS_COMPILE)as seems absolutely neccessary.
>or ORIGINAL_AS_FOR_TARGET will be empty.
>
>Empty ORIGINAL_AS_FOR_TARGET is why sysroot fails.

Yea, I know. This and the fact that gcc-4.1.x is not the current release
series, so i decided to leave it alone.

>Still gcc-4.1.2 has problems with libtool.

4.1 has lots of problems, and lots of problems were thusly fixed in the
current (and upcoming) release(s). Trying to fix 4.1 it doesn't make
sense to me, there's enough to do in current stuff that is way more
interresting, at least IMO.

But i'm digressing..