[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target/linux

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Mon Apr 7 00:29:31 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> Nigel> Please revert this patch. As Jean said, not everyone runs X11 or even
> Nigel> builds buildroot locally and has bandwidth to support running remote X
> Nigel> sessions.
>
> Nigel> Ulf, if you want to use xconfig, I suggest *you* change *your* local
> Nigel> copy. Don't put this requirement on everyone else.

I do not put this requirement on everyone else.
The default behaviour is
1) To not build a kernel at all or
2) To build a kernel using the classic behaviour.

Only by selecting two non-default behaviours you get
exposed to the "advanced" linux configuration
I have spent considerable time on during the last 9 months.

This will default to xconfig for AT91/AVR32 chips,
but you have the option to select the menuconfig you want.

If someone wants a different behaviour,
then they can create yet another linux makefile.

> Even easier, change the setting in the defconfigs he works with.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson