[Buildroot] Editing filesystem files

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Tue Apr 8 14:29:18 UTC 2008

Hello all,
thanks to the support I got here, I now have a nice boot on my ml405 and I
get to the login with no error. Which brings me to the question:

- how do I login ?
If I type 'root' it refuses without even asking for a password, so I guess
ttyUL0 is not allowed by /etc/securetty

- how do I edit the various target files (/etc/securetty, /etc/passwd,
/etc/shadow...) _before_ creating the ramdisk ?

I mean, I could unzip rootfs.powerpc.ext2.gz, mount it, edit it, rezip it
and then proceed with the kernel 'make ARCH=ppc
CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-uclibc- zImage.initrd' and genace, but if I ever
do 'make' in buildroot again, I'll loose all my changes.

I see target/generic/target_skeleton/etc/shadow and
target/generic/target_busybox_skeleton/etc/shadow but if I modify files in
there and do 'make' again, the new project_build_powerpc/genepy/root/ or
ramdisk file don't reflect the changes. Do I need to make clean or something
?

Thanks
--
Guillaume Dargaud