[Buildroot] trouble building grep

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Wed Apr 23 07:22:28 UTC 2008

> As far as I can tell the dependants (uclibc, gettext and libintl) are
> being built with no problem. When the make runs for grep it appears to
> get configured fine but during the actual build I get error messages
> that I think are during the link of libgreputils.a. I get undefined
> reference messages for libintl_gettext at various lines in the source
> then the build stops.
>
> I'm kind of stuck. Any ideas what the problem could be? I already
> checked my $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib directory and the libgettext and
> libintl files are there.

All I can offer is that the grep from busybox works fine, and doesn't need
gettext.

I assume you have selected BR2_PACKAGE_GETTEXT in the main config of
buildroot.

But I think the main problem is with locales (intl) and/or wchar
dependencies missing from the uclibc config.
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/