[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package: oprofile

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Apr 25 08:21:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

 >> Please use the .patch.avr32 naming convention.

 Hamish> Isn't that only required if the patch is arch-specific, ie it
 Hamish> breaks other architectures? A quick look at the patch
 Hamish> suggests to me that it adds avr32 support to profile without
 Hamish> breaking anything else. Ie it's safe to always apply it.

Maybe, I didn't look at it. Anyway, the safest solution is use the
.patch.avr32 convention, then it certainly cannot harm other archs.

 >> Does that actually work? I mean, does the compiler get recompiled with
 >> C++ support if you select this package after your initial make?

 Hamish> I doubt it.. I think it's quite difficult to get gcc recompiled after
 Hamish> changing the options - usually means deleting most (if not all) of
 Hamish> toolchain_build_$arch.

Then it should be a depends instead.

Anyway, a select here isn't that nice from a usability POV anyway. I
would prefer to get a warning before buildroot would start compiling
in C++ support from me enabling a random package.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard