[Buildroot] question about make

John Voltz john.voltz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:05:33 UTC 2008

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the best way to fix the buildroot
makefiles for the festival voices and lexicons, right now make doesn't check
to see if you have already downloaded the tarball before it does it again.
What's the easiest way to check for the existence of a file with make?

This is the very simplistic method that is currently used for grabbing the
lexicons:

$(FESTLEX_STATUS_DIR)/.downloaded:
    mkdir -p $(FESTLEX_STATUS_DIR)
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_FESTLEX_CMU),y)
    $(WGET) -P $(DL_DIR) $(FESTIVAL_SITE)/$(LEX1)
endif
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_FESTLEX_OALD),y)
    $(WGET) -P $(DL_DIR) $(FESTIVAL_SITE)/$(LEX2)
endif
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_FESTLEX_POS),y)
    $(WGET) -P $(DL_DIR) $(FESTIVAL_SITE)/$(LEX3)
endif
    touch $@