[Buildroot] fixing libtool in buildroot

John Voltz john.voltz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:14:50 UTC 2008

I've got a modification/patch I would like to run by everybody before I
commit it. It will remove all of the libdirla.patch patches in the packages
that use Makefile.autotools.in and instead integrate the patch with
Makefile.autotools.in. If the package has ltmain.sh,
Makefile.autotools.inwill automatically patch it. This is what that
looks like:

# Retrieve and unpack the archive
$(BUILD_DIR)/%/.stamp_extracted:
    $(call MESSAGE,"Extracting")
    $(Q)mkdir -p $(@D)
    $(Q)$(INFLATE$(suffix $($(PKG)_SOURCE))) $(DL_DIR)/$($(PKG)_SOURCE) | \
    $(TAR) --strip-components=1 -C $(@D) $(TAR_OPTIONS) -
# some packages have messed up permissions inside
    $(Q)chmod -R ug+rw $(@D)
# if the package uses libtool, patch it for cross-compiling in buildroot
    $(Q)test -e $(@D)/ltmain.sh && toolchain/patch-kernel.sh $(@D) package
buildroot-libtool.patch
    $(Q)touch $@

I am also adding to the patch a one line fix that prevents libtool from
relinking during the "make install" phase of the build. This is simply:

need_relink = no

Attached is the new buildroot-libtool.patch

Let me know what you think, or if you see problems with that, otherwise I
will go ahead and commit it tomorrow.

John