[Buildroot] Why linux26-modules before linux26

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Sat Aug 2 04:34:36 UTC 2008

I have a kernel that does not want to compile the modules before the
rest of the kernel.  I've worked around that, but it does raise a
question that maybe somebody knows the answer to, why are the makefiles
set  to compile the kernel-modules so early compared to the rest of the
kernel?
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."
www.beattie-home.net     | -- Midori Koto