[Buildroot] Difficulties with dynamically linking to libasound.so.2.0.0

Dirk Vermaak dirk.vermaak at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 4 09:43:35 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We are trying to run a program using the libasound.so.2.0.0 shared library on
a sam9260. We have compiled the program on our host machine and it works ok.

We compile for our target and compilation is OK but when we run it we get a
seg fault.

We are pretty sure it is to do with linking to the libasound module as we have
stripped own some code  so it only has a couple of printfs in it and this
works ok, but as soon as we add the libasound in the linking we get the seg
fault again.

our complie line is

arm-linux-gcc -Wall -fPIC -D -oramps
DAudio1.1.c -l:libasound.so.2.0.0 -L/home/dirk/diarre/linux/build6/buildroot/project_build_arm/at91sam9260dfc/root/usr/lib

(Sorry about the long paths but we have been trying to eliminate all problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we are doing wrong here?

Thanks

Dirk.