[Buildroot] C double type problem - at91sam9263

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si
Wed Aug 6 13:36:58 UTC 2008

Richard Hardy wrote:

> I am using arm-linux-gcc v4.2.1., compiled on an intel Linux box to run
> on an atmel at91sam9263.
>
> For example, one problem I found was that I was getting stack
> corruptions when using "-Os" as a compiler option in (some) functions
> that were being passed int64_t and double values. I fixed that by using
> "-O0" instead.

That sounds like a compiler problem...

> However, I am getting lots of other really weird segmentation faults
> when I run the compiled program, which I am having to work around one by
> one (I am trying to cross-compile and use ffmpeg which does lots of
> complicated internal calculations for playing mpeg files).
>
> Is it possible that gcc 4.2.1 is a very buggy compiler version? Can
> anyone suggest whether I might be better to try another version (ideally
> one that Buildroot supports), and if so, which one?

I guess you would be better off using latest compiler available in 4.2.x series - 4.2.3 or 4.2.4 that is. I had a lot of issues with different gcc versions for cris architecture (internal compiler errors, segafaults, etc.) and ended up using 4.3.1 that does the job for now ;)

my 2 c..

--
ČETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj
Planina 3