[Buildroot] Python / Lua socket programming

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si
Thu Aug 7 13:55:04 UTC 2008

Leonardo Giordano wrote:

> For lua, I should add luasocket library but I don't know how.
>
> Any comments?

You'll need to build lua first, then luasocket as another package, independently.
luasocket relies on lua headers/libs. You'll probably need to fix some
paths in lua(socket) in order for luasocket to find lua stuff inside the
buildroot.

these steps might help:
cd lua-5.1.3
make linux
make install INSTALL_TOP=/home/hinkok/Desktop/lua/out
cd ../luasocket-2.0.2
LUAINC=-I/home/hinkok/Desktop/lua/out/include INSTALL_TOP_SHARE=/home/hinkok/Desktop/lua/out/share INSTALL_TOP_LIB=/home/hinkok/Desktop/lua/out/lib/lua/5.1 make
make install INSTALL_TOP_SHARE=/home/hinkok/Desktop/lua/out/share INSTALL_TOP_LIB=/home/hinkok/Desktop/lua/out/lib/lua/5.1

HTH,
Hinko

--
ČETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj