[Buildroot] Autodetect architechture

Mikael Sundberg micke at oddjob.se
Thu Aug 14 14:59:24 UTC 2008

Hi everyone, I´m new on this list and have a problem.

When I try to build with "fontconfig" enabled I get a configuration
error saying:
 - "Cannot autodetect architecture while crosscompiling", bails out and
tells me to use the "--with-arch" option.
In "package/fontconfig/fontconfig.mk" there a
"--with-arch=$(GNU_TARGET_NAME)" in the FONTCONFIG_CONF_OPT but it
doesn´t seem to be added when the configure script runs.

Any ideas? Need more info?

I have been able to build buildroot in the past without this problem but
then I got a HDD-crash and the working environment was lost.

regards,
Mikael Sundberg