[Buildroot] Patch files with Makefile.autotools.in

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Wed Aug 20 07:05:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:45:21 -0400
"hartleys" <hartleys at visionengravers.com> wrote:

> Monday, August 18, 2008 10:56 PM, Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:

<snipp problems with patching a custom package>

> I see the "Patching $($(PKG)_DIR_PREFIX)/$($PKG)_NAME)" message but
> when I examine the source the patch is not present.
>
> I think the problem is related to the FIXME note above the rule. I'm
> trying to apply a patch to a package that is not supplied in
> buildroot. To keep it separate I have the package in
> package/customize/<package
> name>.

Yes, you are indeed a victim of the FIXME, since you do not use the
"standard" package/<package name> directory structure.

> Any ideas on how to fix the FIXME?

A quick fix would be to just symlink package/customize/<package name>
to package/<package name>.

I'll do a mental note of the problem, it is likely to show up in the
future as well.

Hans-Christian Egtvedt