[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/i2c-tools

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Aug 26 14:15:21 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Bernhard" == Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> writes:

Him

 Bernhard> Please think about $(STRIP_STRIP_UNNEEDED) vs. $(STRIP_STRIP_ALL).

 Bernhard> Ask yourself:
 Bernhard> 1) Do i want my libraries be able to load?
 Bernhard>    If you answer Y here, then use _UNNEEDED
 Bernhard> 2) Do i want my binaries small?
 Bernhard>    If you answer Y here, then use _ALL

 Bernhard> Read the corresponding manpage for details and try to correct the
 Bernhard> incorrectly stripped stuff that accumulated during the last months.

Yeah. Maybe we should simply have called them STRIP_BIN / STRIP_LIB
instead to make it completely clear. The issue is kinda moot though
with Makefile.autotools.in as make install-strip doesn't differenciate
between binaries and libs.

Perhaps we should simply add $(STRIP_STRIP_UNNEEDED) to $(STRIPCMD)
and run $(STRIP_STRIP_ALL) on all files in
$(TARGET_DIR)/{bin,sbin,usr/bin,sbin} as a post processing step?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard