[Buildroot] ### Executing FIles

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Aug 27 14:59:25 UTC 2008

John Voltz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Steve Spano <steve at fl-eng.com
> <mailto:steve at fl-eng.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello
>
>     I am stumped on this issue
>
>     I have a buildroot filesystem running and I cannot seem to execute
>     new files
>     that I have placed on it.
>
>     For example, I upload a new executable file that I compile on a host PC.
>     I change its permissions to execute and I type "./myfile"
>     It comes back saying "-sh: myfile not found"
>     BUT, I can vi the file, I can copy it, delete it /etc/etc
>     If I change its permissions to read-only and then try to execute it, the
>     shell tells me "permission denied".

If you are executing a shell script, I've seen that error before when
there were hidden utf-8 marks or dos line feeds in the first line.

I think I've also seen it when you compile a program and link it against
  glibc and then try to run it against uclibc. It can't load the loader
portion of the C library I think. Otherwise other missing linked library
files typically provide an error message about 'unable to load libxxx.so'

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc