[Buildroot] MTD-utils version bounce

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Aug 28 00:17:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 04:53:01AM -0700, Daniel Laird wrote:
> I would like to bounce the mtd-utils version from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0.  This is
> the latest release and contains many fixes.  However I do not want to do
> this if it breaks stuff for everyone else.
> I am not happy with using a GIT checkout every time.
> So the question is
> 1.) Do I bounce version and make makefile like mtd-utils.git
> 2.) Create another mtd target of 1.2.0

Hi Daniel,

I think the BR2_PACKAGE_MTD_UTILS variant, currently 1.1.0, should be
upgraded to 1.2.0. Only the old 2005/2006 versions need to be kept for
special reasons[*].

You probably need some of the Makefile changes/patches from my
mtd-utils.git package.

[*] I don't know what those reasons are, and if they are still valid. If
they are, mtd-utils upstream should be informed so they can be fixed.

thanks,
Hamish