[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/fltk

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Aug 28 05:02:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

 >> -comment "fltk		- disabled (requires Xorg(7))"
 >> -	depends on !(BR2_PACKAGE_XORG || BR2_PACKAGE_XORG7)

 Hamish> I think those comments are kind of helpful. Otherwise, if you know a
 Hamish> package exists but can't find it in menuconfig, you need to open up
 Hamish> Config.in to find the dependencies.

Sometimes they are, but having tons of those lines listed for all X
programs when you haven't selected X is imho not.

We should probably move X applications / libraries to it's own sub
menu.

 Hamish> Alternatively the package could use select instead of depends.

Yeah, but that wouldn't work here as there's multiple providers of X
(and anyway, including a monster like X behind your back isn't really
userfriendly either).

But in general I agree - Use select for hard dependencies and only
print those comment lines for stuff like toolchain settings (locales,
wchar, ..).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard