[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/fltk

Daniel Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Thu Aug 28 07:23:39 UTC 2008

I think that generally the package directory is over populated.
I would like to see a rule along the lines of:
SubMenu Entry = package/subdir
i.e
package/base (minimum packages for uclibc)
package/x11r7 (X11r7 drivers)
package/xapps (x applications (only x))
package/utils (linux utilities)
package/network (network utilities)
package/block (block drivers etc like MTD
package/audio (alsa etc)
package/java (Already there)
package/xmlutils (libxml2 etc)
package/games (games)
package/graphics (GTK/QT/DirectFB packages)

I think 300 ish packages in one directory is a bit too much.
Each of these subdirs pretty much maps to a current menu entry
package/Config.in would become smaller and simpler

What do people think?
Dan