[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/qtopia4

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 1 13:39:57 UTC 2008

Le Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:25:58 +0100,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com> a écrit :

> They probably will if the external toolchain is for cross compiling.
> What architecture was your external toolchain for? Was it configured
> very similar to the host toolchain?

My host machine is x86, my external toolchain compiles binaries for arm
(toolchain generated by crosstool-ng, it uses uClibc).

> I think I'll leave it until we have some proper data on who uses what
> kinds of toolchains. Could it be that your external toolchain just
> needs a massage?

What do you mean ?

It just seems logical to me that when using an external toolchain, one
needs to tell the toolchain where the headers and libraries are, when
they are not in the sysroot directory of the toolchain as specified
during the generation of the toolchain.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.