[Buildroot] kernel cross compilation problem (at91sam9260)

grego rigolo gregorigolo2002 at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 11 16:10:07 UTC 2008

hello,
I'm using the buildroot-20080206.tar.bz2 package to build a rootfilesystem and a cross compilation toolchain for my embedded board (sam9260).
I tried to cross compile (arm-linux-gcc-4.1.2) a 2.6.23 linux kernel seperately (not the one included in buildroot) , and i noticed that the size had increased by 3Mb respect to my old version.
On the other hand when i try to use the generated kernel, it hangs at the stage
uncompressing Linux ....................
Does anyone encounters this kind of problem ?
greg