[Buildroot] How to configure proftpd 1.3.0a package in buildroot

Paul pbor1234 at zonnet.nl
Wed Jan 16 18:46:41 UTC 2008

As a newby i'm stuck in the following, help is appreciated.

I have selected the proftpd (1.3.0a) package in 'make menuconfig' and it
build fine.

Now I want to add the iconv patch (see for example
http://home.h01.itscom.net/para/software/misc/proftpd-iconv/index-e.html)
where it is described to run ./configure with some options to add the
modules in question. If i do this (in the buildroot/build_powerpc/...) it
fails and i think this is due to the fact that the staging_dir tools should
be used which is not done the way i run ./configure.

My question: how should i do this correctly?