[Buildroot] Another ARM kernel build problem (this time with 2.6.22.10 kernel)

Tim Barr tbarr at multitech.com
Tue Jan 22 21:48:26 UTC 2008

While waiting for an answer on my 2.6.22.1 kernel build problems, I made
a new config file using the 2.6.22.10 linux kernel. After solving a web
access issue, I come up with the following error:

Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf
line 182.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf
line 182.
Can't exec "automake": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf
line 183.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf
line 183.
Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 290.
autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: ./configure: not found
make: ***
[/home/falingtrea/buildroot/build_arm_wchar/tslib-1.0/.configured] Error
127

There is a script file called 'autoreconf' located in the /usr/bin
directory that has an 'aclocal' section to it, but no file named
'aclocal' and no directory named 'autoreconf'. So what am I doing wrong
this time??

Timothy Barr
Hardware Development Engineer
for Multi-Tech Systems, Inc.