[Buildroot] [Merak Spam 5.26] can't develope any programs using ssl in the root

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Thu Jan 24 08:28:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:44:10AM +0800, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:

> I have found a workaround for it, I delete the entire
>
>    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-uclibc/4.2.0/include/openssl/
>
> Looks to me like a bug. Since I can proceed now, I am staying with
> this for a while.

weird but not sure why.

> BTW, the sstrip thingie looks to me also a bug. It happens to not
> just SSL shared library. The uClibc libraries could also be
> sstripped. This will be quite disasterous.

Not unless you want to build within the buildroot. I do sstrip on all
libraries on the resulting rootfs (floppyfw and others) but you are
probably right about sstripping when you have
CONFIG_BR2_PACKAGE_GCC_TARGET set.

When building the floppyfw devkit I also set CONFIG_BR2_STRIP_none.

I would consider it a but if any of the packages .mk files
does strip anything even when CONFIG_BR2_STRIP_none is set.

Bbut stripping the libraries when the target is a normal rootfs seems
correct to me.

Thomas.