[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:11:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 02:57:48PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

>Bernhard Fischer skrev:

>>> Is not something like the following to be preferred?
>
>Previously the special make targets to check availability
>of packages on internet would download each target
>even if the target existed in $(DL_DIR) creating
><package>.tar.bz2.<n>, or it would not check
>the package at all.
>
>Peter introduced a fix where he will treat the download
>differently if the MAKELEVEL=0 (normal) or if the
>MAKELEVEL=1 which is the case for make source-check
>and make external-deps.
>
>When I introduced easy logging by "make log",
>this breaks the autotools, since this also runs
>at MAKELEVEL=1.
>
>I do not think that MAKELEVEL is a good variable
>to detect if someone wants to do source-check
>or external-deps.

make source-check is _supposed_ to download all sources, regardless of
whether or not the package exists locally. Keep in mind that it is ment
to check if packages and patches are (still) downloadable or not and
explicitely disregarding any local stuff to simulate what users will
experience.

Perhaps the source-check target should consequently use a
$(DL_DIR).check dir then. This would avoid breakage elsewhere.

Apart from that such a "log" target strikes me as unwarranted.
Just
$ (make) 2>&1 >& MY.log
or
$ nohup make &

would a more sensible thing to do, IMHO.

HTH,