[Buildroot] my /etc/init.d/rcS won't run

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Thu Jul 31 22:36:26 UTC 2008

I'm building a generic powerpc buildroot and it's all working as far as
I can tell, except the /etc/init.d/rcS will not run.  The line
"null::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS" is in /etc/inittab (I'm using
target/generic/target_skeleton/...).  Everything else in inittab seems
to be working and when I take the entries that mount /proc and all out
/proc does not get mounted.  When I run /etc/rcS it works fine.  The
permissions look OK.  I even put "echo $0>>/tag" as the first
executable line in the file, but rcS just does not want to run.

I'm baffeled, has anybody else run into this?