[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Kieran Bingham kieranbingham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:02:22 UTC 2008

I agree,

I posted a patch regarding a simple fix to the buildroot
gcc-uclibc-[34].x.mk files

I have been working on getting SH2a toolchain support into buildroot,
and was "Dipping my toes in" with this first patch.

Without response, I'm not convinced I should take the time and effort to
bother creating patches to provide support in mainline buildroot.

Is there any ACK/NACK procedure that could be taken on even basic
patches by maintainers ?

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> FWIW, one user reported interest in such a feature:
>  http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-March/007495.html
>
> This absence of reaction is very frustrating for new potential
> contributors. I would like to contribute more to Buildroot,
Completely agree with these sentiments.
> but this
> experience doesn't really encourage one in spending more time writing
> patches that will be ignored.
>
> Thanks a lot for this great project,

And these :)

--