[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jun 11 16:03:01 UTC 2008

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer.

Le Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:08:49 -0400,
"John Voltz" <john.voltz at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I would have expected Ulf to take care of your patch since he usually
> handles most of the ARM stuff. I've noticed that one of the important
> methods of working with free software is to be able to make the
> changes directly yourself.

And another more important thing in free software is peer-review and
patch discussion :-)

More seriously, I am not a regular contributor to Buildroot, so I have
no idea what are the current trends and orientations, nor what are the
good approaches to solve a particular problem. So I think that my
patches have to be reviewed before being applied.

> So I would email Erik for subversion access, and drop it in there
> myself.

As explained above, I don't want to do that now. I consider my
Buildroot contributing experience too small to commit patches without
prior discussion and review.

Thanks !

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.