[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Jun 12 15:55:29 UTC 2008

> >> Hi,

> Thomas> I don't necessarly think so. Here, the issue is not a bottleneck at the
> Thomas> commit level, but rather a patch review bandwidth problem.
> >>
> >> Agree - And lack of testing before stuff gets checked in. The deeper
> >> issue is that we don't do releases I guess, so there's a tension
> >> between doing development, and having something stable for actual use.
> >>

> Ulf> Maybe we should start?
>
> Fine by me, but that means we'll need to spend time stabilizing the
> tree and make sure the packages actually work (on multiple archs). Do
> you have time to help on this?

In August I think there will be time for implementation,
but we could discuss the underlying architecture before that.

The tarball mirror server is critical.
I have been trying to convince my colleagues to set something up,
and there is some progress, since some packages are now at
http://www.atmel.no/buildroot/source/mirror/
and this could be used for testing the mirror function.

Anyone volunteering for implementing a wget script?

> That's why I want to get buildbot up and running.
>
> Ulf> Other project are using "git" and is sneering at "svn".
> Ulf> Should we change?
>
> We could, but there's no infrastructure for git on uclibc.org, and the
> other uclibc.org projects use svn. I don't think it matters much, as
> you can just use git-svn (like I do).
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Best Regards