[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution made in March

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Jun 12 17:08:19 UTC 2008

sjhill at realitydiluted.com wrote:
>> To make an informed decision, everyone ought to read this:
>>
>> http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitSvnComparsion
>>
> I did. First, I would like to add a caveat to the Git page:
>
> Git's Major Features Over Subversion
> - Performance (Speed of Operation)
>  Yes, as long as you have GBs of memory.
>
> Then:
>
> Subversion's Major Features Over Git
> - Single Repository
> - Access Controls
> - Binary Files
>
> These three items are important with regards to the buildroot system.
> Another point brought up is that other projects like uClibc and the
> like use Subversion as well, which is another reason I would like to
> stay with what we have. As a maintainer and contributer, I recommend
> we end this thread and get back to worry about doing releases of
> buildroot.

OK with me.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
AVR32 Applications Group        mailto:avr32 at atmel.com
http://www.avrfreaks.net/;            http://avr32linux.org/