[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/libusb

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Jun 13 09:58:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 08:07:19PM +1200, Matthew Dombroski wrote:

>> And now we're back to the original problem where libusb gets built over
>> and over again. Oh how I love autotools & our autotools packages..

I've got a fix, which I'll check in anyway.

> I have rewritten libusb.mk. I sent it to the buildroot mailing list
> about 2 weeks ago but never heard anything.

Sorry about that.. I don't remember seeing it.

> This time I'm sending a proper patch (although its bigger than the
> resulting libusb.mk).
> Can someone confirm that it works?

It looks ok, I will test it later (maybe Monday).

> -$(LIBUSB_DIR)/.configured: $(LIBUSB_DIR)/.unpacked
> -	(cd $(LIBUSB_DIR); rm -rf config.cache; \
> -		$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) \
> -		$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_ARGS) \
> -		ac_cv_header_regex_h=no \

It looked to me like something important was lost in your patch (it
doesn't mention ac_cv_header_regex_h anywhere after patching), but
looking at libusb's configure script it doesn't seem to be used anyway.

> +$(LIBUSB_TARGET_INSTALL_TARGET): $(LIBUSB_TARGET_INSTALL_STAGING)
> +	$(call MESSAGE,"Installing to target")

> -libusb: uclibc $(TARGET_DIR)/$(LIBUSB_BINARY)
> +$(LIBUSB_TARGET_UNINSTALL):
> +	$(call MESSAGE,"Uninstalling")

Why the messages? Is this standard among our autotools-using packages?

thanks!
Hamish