[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution -- "me too"

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:07:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Michel (BusError)
<buildroot.atmel.com at pollet.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On March, 12th, I sent a patch adding Thumb support for the ARM
>> architecture to this list:
>>  http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2008-March/007427.html
>
>> This absence of reaction is very frustrating for new potential
>> contributors. I would like to contribute more to Buildroot, but this
>> experience doesn't really encourage one in spending more time writing
>> patches that will be ignored.
>>
>> Thomas
>

> Hi Thomas,
>
> It seems to be the rule more than the exception; I sent a few patches months
> ago and most of them have been ignored completely -- even the one as simple
> as adding a package (libswill, iptraf, i2c-tools)
>
> I must admit I gave up pushing anything since. Hope you get better luck.

I must confess that has been my experience too. I tried asking Erik
for commit access but again, no response. Perhaps he is working on
other projects?

It's a hard balance to strike, I don't think it's right to demand
anything of people on a volunteer led project but some of us have a
job to do and a limited amount of time to do it in.