[Buildroot] Problem building usbutils

hartleys hartleys at visionengravers.com
Wed Jun 18 01:48:45 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm having a couple problems getting usbutils to build with buildroot.

1) usbutils requires libusb
This was the easy one. I just needed to select the libusb package. But,
shouldn't the Config.in for usbutils select it automatically?

2) configure for usbutils outputs error: get libusb 0.1.8 or newer
Not sure how to fix this one. The libusb in buildroot is 0.1.12. It
built fine and the library is in my build_arm/staging_dir/usb/lib
directory. For some reason it's not being found. Can anyone offer so
insite on what I might have setup wrong?

Thanks,
Hartley