[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain/external-toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jun 18 07:36:04 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> writes:

Hi,

 Hamish> How would everyone react to a patch which redefines BUILD_DIR
 Hamish> to match PROJECT_BUILD_DIR, ie each project would have
 Hamish> project_build_$arch/$project/staging_dir etc?

 Hamish> I think Ulf commented in the past that he doesn't want to
 Hamish> waste the time spent compiling each package for each board
 Hamish> separately, but that seems to be the only way to do it
 Hamish> correctly.

Maybe there's a solution in between. Put packages that really can only
be built one way under build_, and all other packages under
project_build, and then have STAGING_DIR under project_build as well
(with some logic to copy/symlink in the toolchain stuff). Then each
variant could use different versions / configurations of the packages,
and we would still only compile the stuff under build_ once (per
version).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard