[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package:editors editors/vi

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Mar 9 21:47:39 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> writes:

Hi,

 Hamish> Like Ulf says, it's convenient to be able to grep
 Hamish> package/*/*.mk and now that's broken. I think dividing of the
 Hamish> package/ directory needs discussion first.

grep -r is your friend.

I must say I kinda like the splitup of the package dir. The flat tree
goes back to when we didn't have many packages and no submenus under
packages. More consistency between menuconfig and the directory
structure is good thing.

 Hamish> It's not really a crowded directory by modern standards. Our file
 Hamish> systems can cope with much larger directories than that.

The limiting factor is us humans, not the file systems.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard