[Buildroot] [patch] Fix Qtopia Core 4 compile and installtion and bump to version 4.4.0 snapshot

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Wed Mar 12 13:05:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 09:50 -0300, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:

> >  Like all other packages, set the PATH variable correct, which is done by
> >  TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS.
>
> How exactly? I have a .mk with:
> $(MYPACKAGE_DIR)/.configured: $(MYPACKAGE_DIR)/.unpacked
>         (cd $(MYPACKAGE_DIR); rm -rf Makefile; \
>          $(QTOPIA4_QMAKE) -spec

Change to

$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) qmake -spec

> qws/linux-$(BR2_PACKAGE_QTOPIA4_EMB_PLATFORM)-g++ \
>         )
>         touch $@
>
> What should I change?
>
> >  With the old Makefile for Qtopia Core non of the executables made were
> >  executable on target because of weird paths used.
> >
> >  Works for me as it is now, I use the TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS and do qmake.
>
> It worked for me as it was then. The executable on the target ran just fine.

I find that weird, since the libraries had a path issue depending on the
directory you built Qtopia Core.

> >  I guess it would be possible to change the installed mkspecs files, but
> >  I do not see the need.
>
> AFAIK, makes the life of users of the lib easier, so they can call
> qmake without having to know buildroot specific issues.

Well, when I use the toolchain in Buildroot by placing it first in my
PATH it works strait forward; qmake&&make

When you make a package you must look into how Buildroot does this
anyway.

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt, Applications Engineer