[Buildroot] zImage corruption

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Thu Mar 20 19:07:55 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have been happily using buildroot for a while (thanks all its a great
tool).

However I have started seeing a problem where the linux zImage being
built gets corrupted and does not boot.

I am building a custom arm device using initramfs. If I checkout from
clean and build it all works great and get a working zImage that is
~7.5MB. However if I then run make again I get a zImage file that is
~6.5MB and does not boot.

I have compared the root filesystems before and after calling make again
and can see no difference. I have also tried doing a dirclean on the
kernel and rebuilding and this still leads to a corrupt zImage.

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone suggest what could be going on?

I can supply more config info if needed.

Thanks,
Will
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Senior Project Engineer                  Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA