[Buildroot] zImage corruption

Christian SCHWARZ christian.schwarz at st.com
Fri Mar 21 08:05:25 UTC 2008

Hey Will,

I have similar troubles related to the rootfs created by buildroot, also
on a custom ARM11 target. In my case, the Linux kernel is not able to
start init (errors either -2, -8 or -14). In my case I had to replace
the bin/ and etc/ directories with ones created outside in an (older)
busybox directory.
The image sizes created by a "make" in buildroot vary greatly, sometimes
there are 3 - 4 MB of space left in the image, sometimes only a few
hundred kB.

cheers,
Christian