[Buildroot] using of local dir

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Mar 26 20:12:03 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Bernhard" == Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> writes:

 Bernhard> This would have been the correct thing, yes. svn blame Makefile;
 Bernhard> Ah, alright, no surprise..

 Bernhard> Apart from what you mention, i strikes me as broken not to allow for
 Bernhard> BUILDROOT_LOCAL to point to anywhere but to limit it to the TOPDIR

It indeed seems quite broken. The $LOCAL variable isn't used anywhere either.

 Bernhard> *shrug* I'd rip it out in a whim either way

Well, the local/save/getconfig stuff does seem kinda overengineered -
Couldn't we just have a bunch of *_defconfig files under configs/
instead with a make %_defconfig target like the kernel has instead?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard