[Buildroot] using of local dir

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Mar 26 21:41:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

 >> It indeed seems quite broken. The $LOCAL variable isn't used
 >> anywhere either.

 Ulf> Check "project.mk"

Ahh. Why isn't the variable set there if it's only used in project.mk
anyway?

 Bernhard> *shrug* I'd rip it out in a whim either way

 >> Well, the local/save/getconfig stuff does seem kinda overengineered -
 >> Couldn't we just have a bunch of *_defconfig files under configs/
 >> instead with a make %_defconfig target like the kernel has instead?
 >>

 Ulf> The purpose of this is to allow you to start with an existing
 Ulf> defconfig, and the commands will collects the different
 Ulf> configurations in one place.  You can't replace this function
 Ulf> with defconfigs, but you can use the result to create new
 Ulf> defconfigs.

 Ulf> At this time, not having access to the source tree, I can't see why LOCAL
 Ulf> is defined *after* the include, so maybe this needs to be moved.
 Ulf> Feel free to test.

No thanks - You made the mess, and you get to clean it up.

<grumpy-mode>

I really think we need to focus on getting the basic functionality of
buildroot stable and working so we can put out a release instead of
adding (what atleast looks like) half baked extensions.

</grumpy-mode>

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard