[Buildroot] Kernel not happy on at91sam9260ek board.

Tim Barr tbarr at multitech.com
Mon Mar 31 22:00:17 UTC 2008

I have built a 2.6.22.1 kernel using buildroot, but the rfs won't load.
The error looks like the kernel is looking for a 16 bit NAND device but
only finds an 8 bit one. The errors are:

NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0xda (Samsung NAND 256MiB
3,3V 8-bit)

NAND bus width 16 instead 8 bit

No NAND device found!!!

and:

List of all partitions:

No filesystem could mount root, tried: jffs2

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

Is there some setting in a .config file somewhere that I am missing or
have wrong? Where do I need to look to fix this?

Timothy Barr
Hardware Development Engineer
for Multi-Tech Systems, Inc.
 <mailto:tbarr at multitech.com> tbarr at multitech.com