[Buildroot] missing /proc in romfs

Mike Sander msander at ripnet.com
Tue May 6 18:39:44 UTC 2008

According to the buildroot docs the filesystem skeleton is available in
/generic/target_skeleton.     The target_skeleton does include /proc.
After I do a make, the project_build_arm/uclibc/root/ does NOT contain a
/proc filesystem.  I'm not sure if other bits are missing.

I have studied the output of the make process and have not been able to
see where the basic filesystem is created.  I can see where specific
bits are added to /etc /lib.   Could someone be so kind as to describe
the initial steps in building the root filesystem  (and where
target_skeleton fits in).   A brief list of the makefiles (and make
targets) would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Mike Sander