[Buildroot] Bash patches not working? (bash32-025 and up)

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Thu May 8 01:19:24 UTC 2008

Continuing on with my ARM926T variant build, I run into a bit of a problem
with the BASH patches being applied.

bash32-001 through bash32-024 are successful. But starting with bash32-025 I
am getting problems as shown here:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4510/bashpatchnn1.jpg

It seems that the patch files under ~/buildroot/package/bash/ have lines
that show the location of specific files. For example, bash32-025 shows:
lib/readline/input.c, while bash32-024 and before show locations such as
bash-3.2/lib/readline/display.c

The difference is that "bash-3.2" location in the directory name. It is
possible that the correct patch can't be found for 25 and up because of
this. The thing is I can't edit these patch files because they are
overwrriten during the build, which means they are copied or downloaded from
somwhere. I looked at the bash patch fixes and the latest ones seem to fix
25 and up, and this was done 6 days ago. So I simply upgraded my snapshot to
the latest one available- May 7th 2008. But I build again and still run into
the same problem.

http://buildroot.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/buildroot/package/bash/

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Any help is of course appreciated.