[Buildroot] Application execution fails

Muktabh Anchlia m_anchlia at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 17:46:31 UTC 2008

Hello,
I compiled a cross tool chain for AMD geode processor using buildroot. I wanted to test the cross tools, so wrote a simple hello world application, exported the ...staging-dir/usr/bin/ path and compiled the C code using i686-linux-uclibc-gcc.

When I run this program on the host machine, it gives me "bad ELF interpreter" as expected. But when I run it on the target, it gives me the following error
"syntax error: "(" unexpected"
I couldn't figure out where I am going wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Muktabh

" I don't take sides, just the racing line "